It’s a common thing advertised by almost every company on their promotional ads. The ad states, ‘we are ISO 9001 certified.’ However, what use is this certification? Is it supposed to help customers? Will it help them in quality, production or costs? Customers are not the only ones who are asking this kind of question. Even large companies ask us the same question. They want to know how an ISO 9001 certification will help them succeed. This is a good question and it can be answered quite simply. ISO 9001 certifications are designed to improve company standards and this will benefit the customer as well. Nonetheless, you may have more questions about actually getting the ISO 9001 certification. In this case, these benefits will help you make an informed decision about ISO 9001 QMS certification.
- Meeting Customer Requirements — Some companies require their manufacturing units and suppliers to have ISO certification. In fact, they will not hire or work with companies that do not have the ISO certification. As a result, if you want your company to be competitive, it would be great idea in getting ISO certified.
- Get New Customers — By advertising your ISO 9001 certification, you can definitely get more customers. Large companies look for suppliers or manufacturing units that understand quality-manufacturing procedures on an international level. By advertising the ISO 9001 certification, you are assured of new customers and much more revenue than expected.
- Improve Product Quality — The ISO standard is a quality management system and that means it can be applied to products, processes, and services. A well-designed quality management system will just ensure that your products are made to the most exacting standards. This will benefit not only but customers as well.
- Satisfy Customers — As we’ve already stated, customers need to be reassured about their suppliers and the products they are making. By advertising the fact that you follow ISO certification, you are assuring customers of your commitment to quality procedures.
- Access to New Markets — With an ISO certification, you can apply to new markets as a supplier. For example, if you can show that you have ISO certification, you are automatically allowed to bypass trade barriers and you can literally expand your business into new territories.
- Environmental Standards — The ISO 14001 standards ensure that your company follows internationally acceptable standards. As a result, you are automatically reducing your carbon footprint and you are more likely to save money and conserve the environment as well.
- Highlights Deficiencies – The internal audit will evaluate your company for its process and find deficiencies as well. By following these standards, you can prevent errors and ensure that your standards are to the highest standards.
- Improved Internal Communication — The ISO9001 certification standard system emphasizes the need for analysing internal mechanisms and operations management encourages interdepartmental cooperation.
- Improved Customer Service — The process of getting ISO certification also focuses the company on getting customer satisfaction. This means they have to streamline the company, manufacturing process, and goods to ensure customer satisfaction. This means that customers do get the best due to ISO standards.
- Reduction of product liability — ISO standards are geared to producing the best with the most effective manufacturing procedures. As a result, companies are less likely to be stuck with product liability issues and lawsuits.
Where to Get ISO Certification?
If you are interested in getting certification, you should get in touch with two to three certification companies. Ensure that the company uses International ISO Standard. Check and find out whether the company is accredited and sign up with them only if you are satisfied. You should know that although the ISO.org is responsible for making the standards, it does not do the certification and audit process. You will have to hire independent companies to do the same. In case you have any questions, you can easily get in touch with the iso.org as well to understand the certification process.
Once you do get the ISO 9001 certification, you can advertise it in your company ads and it ensures that customers know that you are following standards. You are allowed to display the ISO stamp on your website, company stationary but you cannot modify the basic stamp. The ISO stamp indicates company certification not product verification. For more information, you can always get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org , the ISO9001 consultant Melbourne.